Well, it's a done deal. Carol "Meryl" has put in her 2 weeks notice as of today. It might have been a given, but still, we were all hoping she'd be able to hold out just a little bit longer. I for one, can't blame the girl. Heck ... If my new hubby told me that I didn't have to work (unless I really wanted to) I would have given notice the minute I returned from my honeymoon. Still it will be a shame to see her go ... No one else does rude hand gestures nearly as well as Carol. Of course, never one to let the dust settle before I see how such a change will positively affect me, (geesh that sounds so selfish) Carol has bequethed her slightly larger office to me. Yippy! Now at least I may be able to talk on my phone without whispering. My manager will be heartbroken I am sure ...

Mom is doing very well and all I have to say is thank goodness they finally took her off the morphine! She was acting more than a little loopy on the stuff and speaking with her was almost like having an acid flash back without ever having done acid. During one such conversation, she told me about 8 dozen times that she loved me ... Which of course is a completely lovely sentiment ... In moderation. However, the whole thing was starting to border on the psychotic. i wonder if she told the nurses the same thing ... Hmmm ... I'll have to ask her that next time I speak with her.

My little darling Emma, just scratched the heck out of my foot. Evidently I moved it, causing her extreme upset. This cat needs to learn the whole idea of personal space. She's like a feline stalker. In the morning she waits for me outside the bathroom until I have finished my shower, only to follow me downstairs and into the kitchen, breaking her morning fast while I make myself a cup of tea. From there, it's back in the bathroom where I put on my makeup and style my hair all the while trying to ignore her desperate cries for attention. When that doesn't work, she usually gives me the "Humph ... Heck with you" look and saunters back upstairs where she unceremoniously wakes KC up by plopping herself down on her pillow and butting her head against KC's until finally she awakens.

Having got in enough love to get through the day, it's back to bed while we go off to work and school. But by 5:00, Em is back in position, ready and waiting at the bottom of the stairs for the door to open annoucing that we're home. Usually, KC keeps her busy long enough so that I can burn ... I mean make dinner without having her underfoot. After dinner though, she's all about getting my attention, usually curling up by my side on the couch as I try to read. And God forbid, I should want to use the computer! It's an absolute guarantee that if I'm using the computer, she'll either be on it, in front of it or under it. Tonight's choice under it ... Where she can amuse herself by getting in the occasional clawing. Sometimes I have to wonder who it was that said cats were better then men ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs