Ahhh, it's good to be home.

KC and I have spent nearly the entire day running from here to there, in some cases literally. First stop was JC Penny's where I snagged myself 2 really cute tops for the price of 1 and an adorable shirt for KC. Nothing makes me happier than a good deal when there is cash burning a hole in my pocket. From there, we went to the movie theater and saw What a Girl Wants. KC wanted to see it because she likes Amanda Bynes. I wanted to see it because Colin Firth is the poster boy for trans atlantic sexiness. All in all, it turned out to be a pretty good movie despite all the teenage angst.

After the movies, we headed over to my sister Amy's house, to check out the new swingset she bought for Jordy. Even though they put it together themselves, it seemed to be pretty safe. Living around the corner from a school with a whole entire playground, I have to wonder however if it was really worth the investment. I suppose nothing beats something that is in your own backyard. We did however make a trek over to the school so that the kids could really let loose and get all their winter doldrums out of their systems.

KC was having a blast since there was another little girl her age already playing there. It's always amazing to me that people who live in city neighborhoods think nothing of letting their kids run without any sort of supervision. I say this because KC's new friend had a mouth on her that could make a sailor blush ... She was evidently having some sort of disagreement with her brother and spent a good 10 minutes calling him every name in the book. Starting with dickhead and ending with asswipe. KC didn't know how to take this unexpected turn of events, looking over at me periodically and pointing towards the girl with her hand over her mouth. It was actually pretty funny, considering that it wasn't my kid talking all the trash. That was until KC started getting this little impish look on her face, like she was about to join in. It took only one "Don't even think about it." to silence her before she could even start.

A good way to bring the weekend to a close. I just wish tomorrow wasn't Monday ... or I was on vacation.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs