The surgery has gone well and Mom has come through like a trooper. Today was one of the longest days of my entire life, just waiting to hear word from my stepfather that everything was ok. It's days like this you really know who your friends are ... and my Mom has some of the best ones ever. Not only did they keep my stepfather company at the hospital but they have also unselfishly donated their own vacation and sick time to my mother, during her recovery period. They've also formed a sort of helping tree, where someone will check in on my Mom every day to make sure she is getting along fine once she is home. It's people like this who make my being so far away a much easier cross to bear. I owe them such a huge debt of gratitude that no words can begin to describe how thankful I am for all their generosity. People like my mother's friends, restore my belief in the goodness of mankind.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs