Growling at the door, Emma woke me up this morning, before the sun had even begun to crest the sky. Half asleep, I glanced at the clock.

Odd, I thought. Since when did I start setting my alarm to wake me up on a Sunday morning?

Nearly falling out of my bed, I stretched my arm across the great divide, switching off the alarm, with plans to sleep undisturbed at least until noon.

I was asleep before my head hit the pillow.

Morning sun streaming in through my open windows unfortunately, had made other plans for me.

Wake up sleepy head it seemed to say. Don't be lazy, rise and shine.

Go away I mumbled into my pillow, drawing the blankets over my head, yawning once for good measure. Can't you see I'm tired?

Get up, get up, get up, said the sun, you must not delay.

I promise, I'll get up in just a little while, I groaned. Let me sleep these last few minutes in peace.

No, no, no, yelled the sun. There's no more time to waste! It's not Sunday you foolish girl! It's Monday and you have places you need to go!

Monday? I thought, letting the sound of it sink into my brain, realizing all at once my mistake.

Monday! Well, why didn't you say so, I exclaimed, accusingly to the sun, jumping up from my bed.

He simply shook his head and said not a word.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs