Why do people have to clip their toe nails right outside my doorstep. To me, that is the sort of thing someone should be doing in the privacy of their own home, preferably over a garbage can in their bathroom.

I mean the last thing, the absolute last thing, I want to do, is walk outside and step on someone's abandoned toe clippings. It's just too gross for words and yet I can still hear them clip, clip, clipping away.

I wonder how rude it would be for me to shout "Get a room!"

Since we're yapping about the things that irritate me, let me add mosquitos to my list. The nasty little buggers tried to have me for dinner last night, as I was outside commiserating with Sheila about the current situation involving a certain townhouse neighbor and an adorably cute, warm and fuzzy, little yellow kitten.

Simba, who in this case is the kitten and not the neighbor, has been left like a baby on a church step in the middle of winter. Sure, I know I may be exaggerating a tad bit but according to reliable sources and my very own ears, the owner/neighbor in question is adamant that the little furball of happiness is and will continue to be, an outside cat.

I, of course, completely disagree.

Sure, I know that there are millions of cats who live their entire lives outside and are none worse off for it. But, I guess I just don't understand how someone could bring a kitten home, and then not care enough about it, to keep it inside where it will be safe from all the evils of the world.

It's a known fact, that our road, is not exactly reputed to be an animal haven and the giant German Shepherd next door certainly isn't open to the idea of a new, much smaller playmate when his stomach is growling for lunch. It's more like "Feed me Seymour" from the Little Shop of Horrors
and this dog is just drooling for a snack.

And what about kittens. Not Simba the kitten now, but Simba the wandering tom out on the prowl for a little ... well you know what I mean. What if this neighbor of mine doesn't get him fixed? What if, rather than one small kitten out on his own in the world, it multiplies into many and then more, and them even more, until our small village becomes completely overrun with homeless cats!

I don't have the room to take them all in and lord knows, I am a sensitive soul. Last night, I had to talk myself out of bringing the baby inside, mostly because I know I should respect my neighbors decision, but also because Emma has an extremely jealous nature, and I didn't want the poor kitten to be caught in the crossfire.

So I don't know what to do, other than peer out the window every few minutes, hoping to spot a fast moving yellow ball of fluff, to know that at least for another day, he's safe.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs