To Blog or Not to Blog (As if that could be a question ...)

Everything I do lately revolves around my blog, it doesn't matter where I am or who I'm with. Everything I do, every event in my day, is now broken down into two categories.

Blogworthy and Blognot.

Some days, everything seems to be blogworthy. Stories fight to the finish to see which one, is most worthy to find itself posted on NWTLO. Other days, I am a girl without words, ashamed when nothing of interest pops out from the ordinary, to claim blogworthy status.

Breaking out into a cold sweat, I stare at my computer screen, praying to the muse of original thoughts to guide my hands over the keyboard.

Sometimes work becomes another obstacle, stealing away 8 hours, every day, that could be better spent out there, walking among the people, as an unobtrusive observer.

Cataloging the way a woman looks when her child is wreaking havoc in the grocery store, or how the little old men stoop over their coffees with their crisp Sunday hats, discussing the weather. Detailing the way a young boy looks racing across the playground, towards a squirrel scurrying up and into the safety of a tree. Or how the light of a streetlight reminds me of a warm embrace, standing there beneath its golden glow.

These are the things that are important to me. To the little girl who didn't go to sleep at night, too busy sneaking into the mystical realms of other worlds, with help from her flashlight and the sweet smell of words in print. The child who was quite convinced with each turning of the page that one day, no matter how far away, she was going to be a writer.

And so I am ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs