I felt like the paparazzi tonight, skulking behind the back of my couch, as I aimed my camera towards the field across the road, attempting to get on film, my neighbors, herding their cows back into pasture.

It was a full blown prison escape, with brave bovines scattered in every direction. KC was first to catch on to the excitement.

"Mom ... The cows are loose again!" she yelled. "I think Bradley's Dad is chasing them."

Sure enough, the kid was right. Outside in the field I could make out two male forms, beating their hats against their legs as they whistled and yahhed the cows in the direction of the fence.

I stifled a laugh and grabbed my always nearby camera, to capture the kodak moment. Although, as moments go, cows on the lamb are a familiar sight in our neighborhood.

"Fencing ... it's not just for children anymore ..." I whispered to myself, as the wrangling proceeded. "Get on little doggies ..."

*Pictures to come if Blogger ever finishes retooling Blogger Pro! I'm not bitching or anything (ok so I am) but the little note about checking back next week has been up for a straight 3 weeks now. My patience can't hold out much longer!!!

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs