When it comes to shopping, I shouldn't be allowed in any store. Money runs like water through my hands and before I know it, it's whoops, I've spent more than I planned to spend.

Where, oh where was Nancy Reagan with her Just Say No spiel when I needed her the most?

Regrettably absent I'm afraid, which would explain why I came home tonight with the new bed ensemble that I've been drooling over, even though my current coverlet is less than 3 months old.

I just couldn't say NO!

Yes, yes, yes were the only words running through my mind as I handed over the cash to make my purchase. The lady behind the counter simply smiled at me, complimenting me on my expensive tastes.

"This is beautiful." she said, stroking the bag, "and such a good price."

I nodded eagerly, happy to have someone agree with me that two hundred dollars was convenient chump change to throw around when desperate decorator fashion was needed.

Oh, I am so sad ...

But I am so happy too. I think I'll go upstairs and make my bed.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs