Just because you never wanted to know ...

My favorite color is a deep, rich chocolate brown ... Which also happens to be the current color of my bedroom walls. I absolutely love my bedroom. Mostly because I am in love with my bed or actually the concept of my bed and staying in bed which of course leads to my favorite past time ... Sleeping. Ahh, give me a nice warm afghan, a cup of cocoa and a good book any day of the week and I promise that is where you'll find me ...

I am mostly of Italian and Sicilian decent although in fairness to my mother, I am also English, Welsh and Czechloslovakian ... Which means that I can cook anything Italian extremely well, am fluent in rude hand gestures, get irritated at people who ask for "EYE talian" dressing, and am related to just about everyone I run into at the grocery store whether I know them or not.

I have 3 sisters. I am the youngest, the middle, and the second oldest child. Which makes sense when broken down like this ... I am my mother's youngest child, I am my father's middle child, and the second oldest when counting all my sisters. You see, one of my sisters is actually my stepsister but as far as we are all concerned, we are all sisters ... No step, no half, just sisters ... end of story FAMILY. Which of course, is how it should be.

My sisters are very diverse. Amy (the oldest) works with the elderly, Audrey (3rd oldest) is currently attending art school,and Jodi (the youngest) is a senior in high school on the verge of graduating. Little ole me, is a white collar girl working in a blue collar world and for the most part not complaining.

On the music scene, Tori Amos is my absolute favorite artist. (In case there was anyone who hasn't yet figured that out from all my previous posting.) But I like absolutely everything, except the country song where the guy is singing about his tractor being sexy ... That is just so not right.

I believe that everyone needs a theme song or a motto of some sort. Theme songs for me though, have their moment and then sooner or later are replaced with an updated song for where I am in my life. When I first had my daughter and realized that I was going to be raising her on my own my theme song of course was, "I Will Survive" and believe it or not I played that song every time I started getting depressed or discouraged. 7 years later, I'd say that it has worked. Currently my song is called "Wednesday" a cute little ditty by Tori which pretty much sums up my life at this given moment.

Nothing here to fear
I'm just sitting around
being foolish when
there is work to be done
Just a hang-up call
and the quiet breathing
of our Persian we call
Cajun on a Wednesday

so we go from year to year
with secrets we've been keeping
Though you say you're not a Templar man

Seems as if we're circling
for very different reasons
But one day the Eagle has to land

Out past the fountain
a left by the station
I start the day in the usual way
Then think -- well why not --
and stop for a coffee
then begin to recall
things that you say

No one's at the door
You suggest a ghost
perhaps a phantom
I agree with this in part
Something is with us
I can't put my finger on --
is Thumbelina size 10
on a Wednesday --

So we go from year to year
with secrets we've been keeping
Though you say you're not a Templar man

you tell me to cheer up
you suspect we're oddly even
Even still the Eagle has to land

Out past the fountain
a left by the station
I start the day in the usual way
Then think -- well why not --
and stop for a coffee
then begin to recall
things that you say

Pluck up the courage
and snap
It's gone again
I start humming "When Doves Cry"
Can someone help me
I think that I'm Lost here
Lost in a place called America


No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs