Hello Weekend ... I'm so happy to see you!

What a wonderful Friday. The baby shower at work went off today with nary a hitch. In fact, I would go so far as to say that it was damn good; attributed to all my hard prep work of course ... Although unfortunately, my balloons shrank a little overnight and weren't as cheerful looking as they should have been. Still on a scale of 1 to 10, it ranks right up there at a 9 ... Extra points for everyone enjoying the lasanga I made and not a single case of food poisoning.

I have oodles of things to do this weekend. I need to run into town at some point and do my banking, then run in the completely opposite direction to buy a pair of new dress shoes for an upcoming business trip ... Then I need to pack, get KC packed to go stay with my oldest sister Amy and see if either my father or my youngest sister Jodi will be kind enough to feed Squiggy and Emma while I am gone to warmer climates. All this while trying to calm my nerves from my small insecurities of flying and being in strange, unknown places. Now I just need to get my townhouse mates to gather my mail and look over the rest of things while I am away. Goodness, you'd think I was going away for a month and not just a couple of days. Well, it never hurts to be extra prepared.

KC is in trouble at the moment, she had a bit of a listening issue and is now suffering in silence upstairs on a time out. Someday she will figure out that just by listening alone, she could eradicate half of her problems ... Until that time however, she'll just need to spend a little more time contemplating the error of her ways. Not likely, like her mother she is far too stubborn for her own good. Sometimes it makes me almost want to laugh, I see so much of myself in her, right down to the same stubborn lift of her chin and the flaring nostrils when she gets angry. Note people ... When you're parents tell you as a child that someday you'll grow up to have a child like yourself ... They aren't lying! My advice, listen wisely and play nice.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs