Another Sunday night upon me and already I am trying to think up ways to stay home tomorrow. It's not that I don't like going to work, I do ... It's just that lately I've grown rather homesick and leaving my house even for a short 8 hours is becoming too much to bear. I think perhaps I might be coming down with a mild form of agoraphobia. Then again it could be a delayed case of Seasonal Affective Disorder, in which case I blame the damn Groundhog! The little rat saw his shadow today, pronouncing yet another 6 weeks of fun filled winter weather to come.

Now I love the winter weather just as much as anyone who was born into a cold climate against their will. But the lord only knows what I would do at this moment, to see even the barest hint of green on the ground or tiny buds beginning to open once more on the trees. I am so tired of everything that has to do with winter, from constantly cold soaked feet and runny noses to waking an hour earlier everyday just to give myself enough time to chip away at the ice and snow covering my car. To make matters worse, the heat in my car is on the fritz, barely managing to hit a luke warm temperature so that driving in my car is more comparable to rushing the doggies on a sled. And how I have yet to fix the one windshield wiper that I accidentally broke the other day as I unceremoniously banged it repeatedly trying to get some of the ice off of it. I meant to take care of that this weekend but I forgot to ask my father if he could fix it for me. Yup, you heard me correctly ... I may be smart, funny, strong and independent but when it comes to the upkeep on my car, Daddy is but a phone call away. (Not to mention right down the road from my apartment.)

Actually my father stopped over earlier this afternoon to check in on us and see what we were doing. Not much I am afraid to say, since KC spent half the afternoon napping to catch up on all the sleep she evidently didn't get last night at the slumber party (an oxymoron if I ever heard one) and I was suffering from a severe migraine and doing my best to avoid anything that would make my head pound worse. He tried to rationalize his visit as a means of picking up twenty dollars I owe him for a recently purchased top up card for my cell phone but truth be known he was as eager to hear how KC's first slumber party had gone. My Dad is such a mush ball but then again with four daughters and no sons, he didn't have much of a choice at all. He didn't stay long as he had other things to do but not before he could get in a comment about my newly emptied fish tank.

In addition to my wonderful cat, who thinks she's a dog, I also have the world's largest goldfish named Squiggy. There used to be another goldfish named Lenny but that in itself is another story. Any hoo ... last week I decided that Squiggy, even though enormous, looked very lonely in his 10 gallon aquarium. So being the sensitive soul that I am, I stopped off at the local pet shop the other night to buy him some companionship. Now I took care to explain to the pet shop lady that my Squiggy was no ordinary goldfish but rather something out of a King Kong Takes Manhatten movie ... So trusting in her advice, I selected 6 neons, 6 zebras, 2 guppies, 3 "I don't know what they were" and one big mouth (present company excluded). Little fish as she put it had the ability to school, therefore protecting them from any harm a bigger fish in the same living space might propose to them. All I have to say to that is one word ... LUNCH! Going to show that thirty dollars and the best of intentions still can't buy love.

So my father, kind, loving, wonderful smartass of a man that he is, couldn't quite take his leave without having to bait the already empty hook.

"Nice tank ... Needs more fish."

UGH!!!!!!

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs