Why is it that the people closest to you are most often the people who drive you absolutely completely insane! My oldest sister Amy seems to have a knack for it, proving once again that sometimes a little distance can be a good thing.

Amy recently got her tax refund back and opted to buy a second car for her live in girlfriend. (Yes, I said girlfriend.) A smart move as it killed more than a couple of birds with one stone. The biggest of which was knocking off a major monthly payment on Jen's car, which is on its way back to PA somewhere and reducing the amount of money they pay towards insurance every month. In some instances, I would go so far as to say that I was proud of my sister's economic thinking ... Except for one small minute detail ...

Just as I was about to compliment her on obtaining a "nice" second car, she starts talking all sorts of smack about my current set of wheels. Neither the white jelly bean or myself were in the mood to be ridiculed, especially by a person whose new car came with a viking set of oars to navigate with. My mistake was saying so out loud ...

It was like the 4th of July all over again. My father as usual, just shook his head and waited for the both of us to remember how old we were. Not bloody likely. Between the two of us, we are both so stubborn that a dispute once started is hard to end. So on and on and on it went, until finally we at least moved the arguement inside where it was a bit warmer. However, Amy wasn't satisfied to let the matter drop. Nope ... She had to continue talking her trash at the dinner table until finally I realized that the only one sure way of winning was to beat a hasty retreat. Living by my new motto, "You can't win a war against yourself.", my retreat was more like a victory ride home, without all the noise.

On a different note, KC and I added some new friends into Squiggy's tank yesterday. We got quite the bargain, 2 goldfish that look exactly like Squiggy before the Atlanta debacle, 2 fantail goldies and one black something that started with "M" but now I can't remember. Squigs seemed mighty pissed to have to share his space and spent half the night trying to nip the fins of the other fish. But I was smart this time ... I didn't get any fish smaller than his mouth. So much for his hope of live snacks.

I feel bad that I still haven't posted my review of the Tori concert but something in me is not allowing for it quite yet. I have yet to decide how exactly I feel about the concert which was excellent but seemed to be missing something. It's the something that remains ever elusive to explanation though. So until I can figure it out, mum is the word.

Early night for me tonight. Tomorrow is sure to be an interesting day and although I should be guilty for not studying my new tech manuals this weekend for the possible job switch, I don't feel a bit bad about it. C'est le vie, I suppose.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs