Theme Song a la Stacey

Girls Like Me written By Mary Chapin Carpenter


Girls like me aren't hard to find
We grow like roses on the vine
And wear our hearts on our sleeves
You probably know a girl like me

We live alone and in our heads
We eat standing up or in our beds
Guilt and fear merge easily
In the quiet souls of girls like me

And loneliness is like a cold
Common and no cure we're told
We take to bed perchance to dream
In the blue light of the TV screen

Girls like me like summer light
A cold beer on a summer night
And boys who aren't afraid of what they see
Inside the eyes of girls like me

And hopefulness is like a drug
It makes a girl believe in love
And if somehow you love us back
We think there's something wrong with that

Girls like me aren't hard to trust
Your deepest secret's safe with us
And when it's time we set you free
You can always count on girls like me
It's good to know a girl like me
You used to love a girl like me

10 comments:

Orbling said...

"And when it's time we set you free
You can always count on girls like me"

What about those that never wish to be set free? Can we count on that?

Good song. Always thought people who lived in their heads were the ones worth knowing. :)

KC said...

Hah! I rock! And here I thought I was the only one who thought that. ;)

I never set free those things that ask to stay ... And that, you can count on.

Easy for you to Say said...

So nice.

MasterQ said...

That hit the spot, dead on.

Orbling said...

Beautiful song FAIM, my favourite Peter Gabriel song recently has definitely been "The Book Of Love", divine. :)

Orbling said...

Peter Gabriel is indeed great, I can't recall a time before I knew some of his stuff. I knew Sledgehammer off pat before I was old enough to spell it. ;)

The Book Of Love was in the film 'Shall We Dance', that film was pretty good, but that song really made it for me - so moving, especially how they used it in the film. If you've got an email that can handle the song, let me know.

KC said...

Can't say I'm overly familiar with Peter Gabriel, but I like the lyrics FAIM ... I think we're all finding our way home from some great escape.

:)

KC said...

I may have to do some CD buying sometime soon ... There's nothing I like better than finding new good music to listen to ...

Orbling said...

It would be tricky not to like Genesis, the group spawned Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and Mike Rutherford (Mike and the Mechanics), among the others...

I like the video for Sledgehammer, it was done by Nick Park (of Aardman Animations, Wallace & Gromit creator, Chicken Run, etc..) before he was famous. Very clever for the time.

KC said...

Being the movie king that you are, when is Wallace and Gromit coming out to theatres?

And you know, I think I may like Peter Gabriel. Phil Collins however has a way of depressing the hell out of me with all that Hold on My Heart stuff.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs