Confucius Says ...

If there is just one lesson that I can impart to the world, and for that matter to myself, let it be this ... If the trunk of your car won't close, it's not because you don't know how to shut it, it's because there's something in the way.

My track record with trunks is not so good. Way back when Bren and I were still in senior high, there was this one little incident that involved the trunk of my car and Brenda's fingers. I remember being completely perplexed with each attempt to shut the trunk, wondering out loud to myself why it was it wouldn't close. But I can't take all the blame ... I'm sure had she said something, or screamed even, I would have noticed far sooner than the five attempts it took me before I finally put two and two together to equal her standing there all pale faced with her eyes bugging out of her head and the reason why the trunk refused to close.

So you think some years later I would have figured out much sooner than today's three attempts that there was obviously something in the way of the trunk and it shutting. Heck, if my nephew hadn't pointed out to me the problem, I'd still probably be in my driveway scratching my head. As it is, I almost killed my cell phone ... And it has the dents to prove it.

Oh well. It's all seems quite funny now. Or is it just because I've been up since six thirty this morning and running around with my head cut off like some sort of girl accomplishment? I don't know, and to be honest don't feel like sticking around much longer to sort it all out when there is an empty bed and pillow calling my name.

(And for all you Survivor fans out there watching tonight's finale ... Coby's still my favorite.)

5 comments:

Orbling said...

Ouchhhh....

Argh, I've got pains running all the way up my arms now. Poor Bren, a little while ago, and I can still feel the pain. :S

Sometimes the proverb: "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again.", is inapproriate.

Definitely better to say: "If at first you don't succeed, for flip's sake don't try again until you know why." ;)

But bad luck on the phone nevertheless, pesky things that they are, they're always getting places they don't want to be.

One of my mates if forever dropping hers in toilets (she keeps them on her belt and forgets when drunk in public lavatories that the phone needs securing better... Seriously, I've had like ten numbers for her in the past two years! So annoying. LOL

KC said...

I couldn't agree more ... Try, try, trying again can often lead to disaster when someone's fingers are in the way. ;)

As for cell phones, I've yet to drop mine in a toilet as I'm not one to carry it with me everywhere I go, and more often than not, don't have it on my person ... However, I'm sure that my key reflex abilities wouldn't save the day in the event that I found myself in such a cell phone situation.

I'm trying to remember if I ever blogged about having gotten my leg stuck (up to the knee) in a toilet bowl when I was a child? If not, I might have to resurrect that story this weekend when my Mom is here to supply her side of the details.

To say I was accident prone as a child would be putting it mildly ... If disaster was to be had, I was most likely right in front of it, or right behind it ...

KC said...

As far as cell phones go, I think they can be obnoxious. I rarely use mine for anything other than quick calls on the way from here to there ...

It drives me crazy to see people talk on those things no matter where they are or what they're doing ... Though I suppose to each their own.

Orbling said...

Well, I refused to get one of the things at first, managed to avoid it for years - then my dad forced me to have one 4 years ago.

As people get used to the fact you have it, it becomes inconvenient not to have. Everyone here assumes you have one, as pretty much everyone does (my mum and nan seem to manage without, but that makes them oddities). I seem to remember the average number of mobiles (as we call them) per person is well over one - might be over two....

I don't call people though, hate disturbing them with unsolicited conversations - just text stuff.

My pet hate with regard to them is people answering them on public transport (I would've said in the cinema, but that's a hanging offence so is taken as read). Especially the kids that swear constantly, very loudly at their mates when you're two foot from them. So annoying.

I would be accident prone, as my body movements tend more towards the dyspraxic than graceful side - but I have an overdeveloped sense of caution that keeps me out of most bother. My mother and brother handle the majority of accidents for the family. ;)

KC said...

Graceful has never ran in my family either ... At KC's dance recital last year, we were all so proud that she managed to stay ON the stage for the entire show ...

;)

Let's see how tomorrow goes. Keep your fingers crossed.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs