Here On the Home Front

It's Thursday, but it feels like a Tuesday and tomorrow is a Friday that's going to feel like a Wednesday. And I'm all confused ... Add on the fact that I've no work on Monday due to Memorial Day and I swear if I can remember my own name by the end of the weekend I'll be doing okay.

But I am looking forward to the weekend and the guaranteed quiet of it. My garden is overgrown and mostly un-planted. Not surprising when considering my serious lack of time lately and the weather that has ranged from frost in May and rain that seems to only fall on the weekends as if someone somewhere is secretly rubbing their hands together in glee with every drop that falls.

As I'm writing, the sun is beginning to set, leaving shadows of sunlight on the flower filled field across our road, while the birds chirp their love songs from the trees. It is a quiet night, even quieter now that Mom has returned home to North Carolina. And I already miss having her around, as does KC, though truth be told, a short visit is far better than no visit at all.

5 comments:

Orbling said...

Better some than none.

Mmmm, I love the thought of flower fields and bird song in the trees. One day I must walk out to the meadows in the woods for sunrise, could do so now as the sun will get up in about an hour and a half, but I'm quite tired. Another day.

My gardening has been delayed recently too, being busy doesn't go well with gardens - the seasons don't wait. I only just repotted some herbs and jalapenos and that should've been done a month ago - oh well. The weather has been so up and down that none of the plants know what time of year it is anyhow, some flourish others just stop altogether. Darn climate change.

It's so disorientating when the start of the week gets altered, you pretty much have to wait till the next regular week start to get back in sync. Next Monday is off here too, Whitsun Bank Holiday. My brother might be back for a little while, that'll be nice - he finished his degree Saturday. :)

KC said...

Maybe I should have taken a walk today ... It was a lovely day for the most part, and as you can see, I did spend a little of it in my garden. It looks half better.

Much more to do though. Maybe tomorrow. Tomorrow after all IS another day.

:)

Orbling said...

You only need to start worrying when the fact that tomorrow is another day, induces a disgruntled sigh.

You should take walks, the last couple of nights I've walked to one of my mates and back, late at night. Think it's about 5 miles round, fairly short walk - but deeply pleasent in the cool summer's night air. :)

Though I don't advise that you walk alone late at night like me, take a friend.

KC said...

It's much too dark where I live to consider walking late at night ... No streetlights when you're in the middle of nothing much in particular ...

Though maybe in the early morning light ...

Orbling said...

The darker the better in my book. :)

I used to adore the dark country lanes, deep in the night, with the trees hanging over and mingling in the middle above you.

Though granted it is a tad creepy if you start to hear any noises, or worse, footsteps.

I keep planning to go out at dawn to take photos - I want to take a load of my area, but can't stand around shooting main roads in public during the day. Too many people cluttering up the shots, not to mention it being rather embarrassing wondering around with a camera round your neck. Summer is a good opportunity, at 5am it's nice and bright now with few people about. It's actually light enough to take some shots now...

Not today though, I have people to be talking with. :)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs