Coming Up For Air


Hurt collects like rain water and I seem to be a natural reservoir.

It's always been this way. As long as I can remember... When I was a kid, I could be as quick with a smile as I could with a wet face full of tears. Either way, I've never felt anything halfway. Regardless of my needs, regardless of my wants, I feel everything my heart has to offer.

Maybe I have no real reason to be sad right at this moment. But I am. Sad with a small smile on my face and a faraway look. The look you get when a million memories are knocking on your door and you let them in because you never think not to answer.

There are times when I wish I could unload everything, to drop this weight from my shoulders. And I know that it's me at the heart of my own burden. Because there are words inside me that I will not share...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs