Cleaning Up the Chaos

I'm living on cheese sticks. String cheese sticks to be exact and not their really unhealthy counterparts deep fried in oil and served with marinara on the side. My idea of dinner these past few nights has been grabbing two of those babies out of the fridge, a glass of water to wash them down with and then wishing fervently that there was a pint of ice cream hiding somewhere in my freezer somewhere behind the packages of frozen chicken and the spare rigi sauce I ration for emergency comfort food moments.

All in all tonight hasn't been all that bad, aside from almost breaking my ass from tripping over my vacuum which I forget to put away. After talking to my Mother for almost two hours last night on the phone - burning my minutes before nine no less - I decided that it's high time I start getting myself back together from this little mini meltdown I've been having. Which is why I came home and started cleaning like a mad woman tonight. You see, if there's one thing I know - and know well, it's that the state of my house is a clear indication of the state of my life. If my house is a mess, so am I...

So I'm cleaning it up, putting books back on bookshelves, folding laundry and putting it away, vacuuming the dust bunnies and restoring order to my home. And already, I feel better. More in control then out of it. And that's how I want to be. I don't like being sad and miserable and whatever else I'm prone to being when things aren't how I would like them to be. Because I'm really much better being the fast thinking smart ass girl who can pull a punchline out of thin air and make people laugh even if the joke is on them.

Meanwhile I wish I had the money to hire me some Merry Maids... Preferably of the male variety. I just love a man who knows his way around a feather duster.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs