Miscommunication


Be mad at me. Because it's easier for you to be angry at me right now than it is to be mad at someone else or even yourself. Be mad at me because I've spent the past few months trying to be on your side, on no ones side or at least standing safely in the middle; knowing all the while that there truly was no middle ground.

Be mad at me because I'm saying the same things you told me when I was living with Ed, the same things I didn't want to hear, was scared to hear, but needed to hear all the same.

Be mad at me when you know you're not listening to yourself, that you're still not happy. Be mad at me because you need to hurt someone right now that might actually feel something akin to pain.

Be mad at me because you don't know where else to direct your anger because everything is just too much and you don't know how to live with it anymore, or where to begin to make things better.

Be mad at me because I'm an easy target, a target who doesn't move and doesn't run away. Be mad at me because I see things with a different set of eyes and a mouthful of my own opinions be they right or wrong.

Be mad at me because I'm your best friend and regardless of how many times you hang up a phone on me, there is never a time when I won't return your call.

Be mad at me... But get over it soon.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs