Dinner and A Movie

Brenda demands to know where the posts are, and here it is. At least one for tonight anyway.

We - as in my nephew and I - just finished watching the Phantom of the Opera movie ... And much to his enjoyment, I cried like a baby at the end. I mean, who could help themselves? Oh to have such choices between the handsome Raoul and the deep (though somewhat scary) passions of the Phantom. It's every girls dream.

I burned my hand quite bad tonight. I was cleaning up after dinner and was rolling the leftovers in Reynolds wrap to freeze when the palm of my hand accidentally connected with 400 degree hotness ... And for a moment, I was actually frozen in pain before I thought to move quickly to the sink and put my hand under cold water. Two hours and many, many ice cubes later, my hand feels much better although it's still tender to touch where an ugly looking blister has formed.

I'm going to be more than alright though despite depressing myself over a wonderfully done movie and the countless numbers of dreamy sighs that followed ... And it seems to me, I might just have to go out and add that movie to my collection. However, not tonight. I've a bit more work to do on my Father's Day project (and yes, I did find the perfect song, thanks for everyone for their input, their time and their help) before calling it a night.

4 comments:

Coyote Girl said...

I was wondering if you had headed off for places unknown...just cuz I'm curious and because I put in hours sending you music, what song finally made the hit list for your project?

And where does the weekend go? Blink, blink and Monday is just around the bend...

KC said...

Funny you should ask ... I think I'll save the reply for a less public forum ...

Orbling said...

That movie was pretty good, I'm not quite sure which was the better option out of those two - I'll have to rewatch and see if there's an option three. ;)

Sorry to hear about your hand, mind now aches in sympathy. If there's one thing I can't stand it's burns. Nasty. Hope the blister departs as soon as possible.

It was 91 degrees in the shade here yesterday, so I'm quarter of the way towards scalding myself...

Orbling said...

Having just watched the sunrise - I thought I'd say Merry Midsummer to you.

Longest day today, enjoy it well. :)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs