Hazards of Sleeping In

I should have known by the excessive silence this morning that something was most definitely up in my kitchen ... But for some reason, I never would have guessed that the two girls (KC had a friend over last night) would take it upon themselves to clean up last night's dishes this morning. But I was bit scared as I pulled open the dishwasher (every house should have one) door, only to find it all sorts of empty.

"We washed them by hand," announced my daughter in a voice laced with pride. And it was all I could do to stop the look of dismay I was sure was flashing across my face as I thought to myself, "Oh God no ..."

I don't even want to think about it yet. Think about all the dishes put away quite out of place in my cupboards that are most likely not as clean as clean should be. Because my daughter - in all her nine going on ten years - has never and by this I mean never ever, washed a dish by hand in her entire life. I've good reason to be scared ...

So it's all I can do to wait long enough for later when the girls are preoccupied by something else to go through the cupboards and load most of their contents into the dishwasher for a little re-washing ...

However, considering the screeches coming from upstairs and the knowledge that my pup tent is probably in danger (the girls had an indoor camping event last night) of being un-pupped, I should probably go up and take in the carnage for myself. And even though I'm only guessing, I have a feeling that today is going to be a very long day indeed ...

4 comments:

Orbling said...

That was nice of her. :)

I'm impressed.

Dishwashers use a tremendous amount of water and electric to do what should be a very simple job. It's wise that she learns how to do it by hand at some point.

Having said that, I despise washing dishes and often wish we had a dishwasher here...

Hope your tent is still erect. ;)

KC said...

As I like to say in my best Scarlet O'Hara voice ...

"As God as my witness, I'll never live without a dishwasher again."

As for the tent I really should take it down ...

Although I'll have you know, I had to bite my tongue twice to keep from saying more on the whole erect tent issue.

:X

Orbling said...

I think it's best to keep them up as long as possible myself...

Well I suppose I can compensate for your lifetime of dishwasheryness by doing the reverse. ;)

KC said...

I'm still cracking up laughing ...

Double entendres make for interesting conversations ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs