Star Light, Star Bright

Despite the hour, I'm considering this my Saturday post. It is after all the middle of the night and not something I consider to be Sunday just yet.

Well, I did it.

I wrote an email to Tracy and hit the good old send button. Now all I have to do is wait, and not gnaw my arms off in the process. Patience has never been my thing. Ever ...

I slept until noon today. Probably why I'm still awake and fully functioning now, when normally I'd be enjoying the comfort of my bed while dreaming. But it's kind of nice being awake and listening to the quiet that surrounds me and watching the stars from my window that twinkle unabashedly overhead.

There's something very close to magical when it comes to gazing up at the stars. People everywhere should do more of it ... Maybe then, this world wouldn't seem quite as complicated as it can.

As for me, I think a few more minutes of stargazing are in order and then maybe, just maybe, I'll give sleeping a second thought.

2 comments:

Orbling said...

If only I could see stars from my bed.

Perhaps if I moved it right next to the window I could look straight up and see them, the low half of the sky is far too bright to see the stars in. Darn cities.

But they are beautiful, and everyone should spend sometime looking at them, at least once a week - especially on good clear nights.

A cousin of mine came over from Arizona last year and said she had never seen the sea, except on the plane to England (her first trip on a plane), she was 33 then. I couldn't believe that, though she had a lifelong love of lighthouses which she got to see one whilst here. :) The point of me saying that is I heard a city teenager once saying they'd never seen a star! Now I guess they had just never looked, which is sad in itself, but the light pollution in the inner cities is so bad that you'd have to stare pretty hard to see even Sirius - the moon is a bit tricky! :S

People should watch Laura's Star - that'll restore the magic of the stars to them.

KC said...

The stars here are gorgeous ... Living in farm country, there's nothing that can block your view on a clear night.

Sometimes before bed, I go outside and just sit for a with my face gazing upwards towards the sky.

Always give me a good feeling.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs