Outside Influence

The cats are sleeping on the living room table, stretched out in front of the fan side by side, as if they almost like each other enough to be in such close proximity. But I know it's only the fan that keeps them amicable, right along with the heat induced laziness that leaves them with little desire to move.

And I am feeling like my cats. Drained and exhausted from a night with more dreams than sleep, and the bits of leftover stress from the borrowed box of Pandora, whose contents have spilled over into my own small household.

Upstairs the children play, happy enough to be some small annoyance to the other, as their furtive whispers filter down the stairs. And I should be worried. Where there are whispers there are plans, and where there are plans there are ideas that usually turn out badly. Nevertheless, I'm letting them play undisturbed in order to give my mind the mental break it so desperately desires ...

And it desires it desperately, as desperately as it now desires sleep even though I've much to do and more to come tomorrow.

4 comments:

Orbling said...

As my nan always says, "You must study yourself."

Take the cats example, lay arguments and difficulties aside and veg-out until your refreshed to return to the fray. :)

KC said...

Took the advice and chilled out for the night ... Watched National Treasure starring Nicholas Cage ... Most excellent movie.

Now to bed ...

Orbling said...

I was pleasently surprised with that movie as well, saw it around Christmas time.

Next film released vaguely in that vein, not quite as good, is Sahara.

KC said...

I don't normally do movies like those but it was very good ... Imagine my surprise.

Think I may have to go see that John Cusack one soon that coming out in theatres. I'm a sucker for John Cusack ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs