Cinderella In Search of a Shoe

The one thing that keeps me from being perfect is perfection ... Something I might add I've never claimed to be. In fact, the whole statement seems rather absurd. And yet, I try to be perfect a lot. Though to be completely honest, I'm as far away from it as possible in one of those the more I try the further I get away from it all things ...

But when it comes to projects ... Such as the one I've spent the last few days working on, anything short of perfection just isn't good enough. And though I'm satisfied with part one of my three part project, part two is giving me a run for my money. And I'm flat broke.

The thing is, I can't find the right song. And trust me, I've been just about everywhere to find it, including searching my entire collection of music which brought me to the conclusion that my tastes are not exactly the kind of choices one would put as a backdrop to a picture CD full of memories ...

For you see, just like the project I made for Mother's Day, Father's Day is requiring much of the same effort. Mom's was easy though. We like enough of the same music that I can pretty much hear a song and know whether or not she'd like it ... With the exception of a few random Tori songs that I dig while she simply feigns amusement and humors me for my own good ...

And without the right music, I can't even begin to edit my project, let alone set it to the right rhythm. And without rhythm, it just won't mean a thing.

So what is a girl to do? Choose a song that will work, though it's obviously not the best or wait until crunch time relying on the luck of the Gods to bring me the song I need? Or do I simply implore all of you out there to think this over in your brains and share your thoughts if any such thoughts should come? Or just scream really, really loudly for help?

Anyhoo ... I'm out to finish searching upstairs. Maybe if I look hard enough something (or anything closer than where I'm currently at) will come to me and be just right.

Keep your fingers crossed.

3 comments:

Orbling said...

So hard to pick a song for another, what types of music does he like?

With some people it can be difficult to match their tastes with sentimental memory music...

KC said...

He likes Joe Cocker, the Doobies, Chicago, Elton John, Billy Joel ... And that's just to name a few. Problem is, other than Elton John, not a whole heck of a lot of his musical preferences are in my collection.

Although, if one found the right song with the right amount of sentiment, I doubt the artist would matter.

Orbling said...

Well "With A Little Help..." isn't that bad a choice...

"Guess Why They Call It The Blues" by Elton could be good, or "Song For Guy" to keep it mainly instrumental.

"The Simple Things" by Cocker has good lyrics, not sure of the song though.

Sometimes, I find it best to stick with instrumentals for such things, simpler.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs