Bit of an Ouch

I think I may be a bit bruised and battered.

After work tonight I went over to my Father's house for an impromptu family dinner, followed by a refreshing dip in the pool. Something that should have been relaxing, though it turned out to be somewhat painful. My niece, quite proud of her new able to jump in the pool with no fear status, called me over at one point to catch her. And catch her I did. Except not with my hands. Instead she caught me completely off guard and smashed into me so hard, it stole the breath from my chest.

"Sorry Aunt Stacey," her little voice said as she paddled her way back to the stairs. I just stood back, pressing my back against the side of the pool, waiting for the pain of impact to ebb, all the while thinking that's going to leave one hell of a bruise.

But in reality, I'm none the worse for wear. Accidents happen and I'm no stranger to being in the way of moving and inanimate objects ... In other words, I'm more klutz than grace 98.9 percent of the time.

1 comment:

Orbling said...

:S Oh dear, hope it's not too bad and repairs soon. I've heard of water bombs, but that's ridiculous.

Klutz is more fun than grace, at least you get more experiences to share. ;)

I'll try and remember not to catch incoming youthful missiles, sounds highly unadvisable all-round. Though it's nice you have a good relationship with your niece, just hope I shouldn't have said "had". ;)

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs