Hollywood Blog

With all this talk about Tom Cruise in the media lately, I just thought I'd put it out there that I am absolutely not a fan of his. And it seems to me, that no matter the role he's portraying, he never comes off as anyone other than himself, which doesn't exactly lend any credence to his films ... Not that I torture myself with watching too many of them, as I'm a bit of a movie snob at times.

And why is it my Good Morning America news has to gush all over this whole Tom Cruise, Katie Holmes thing? Does the nation really need to know about their dating life or the fact that he's a bit of a wacko when in "love"? (Really Tom, the one knee elbow jerk thing is so much over the top that it comes off as disingenuous.) And Katie Holmes ... Poor girl. I quite imagine that she'll be completely disillusioned when things go sour, as in Hollywood they are wont to do.

Oy ... Listen to me now. I'm so out of topics to blog about that I'm wasting precious words on people I don't know and wouldn't care to meet. I may be a bit green over their no need to worry about paying the bills on time, but I certainly wouldn't want to live my life in the spotlight ... Not that I'd mind getting doused with some water about now ... It's freaking hot.

A good time to seek my fan I think ... And by that, I mean the one that twirls round and round bringing me cool, soft breezes.

So peace out people. Cause as Arnie says, "I'll be back."

7 comments:

L said...

It's pretty creepy if you ask me. 6 weeks and they are engaged...and she was swooning over a poster of him when she was a CHILD and he was an adult...creepy. Maybe it's just me.

Orbling said...

The British media were quite ripping the piss out of Tom Cruise after that one. Such a sense of humour failure, it was so flipping hot here on Sunday, you'd have thought he would be glad if anything.

Plus the whole relationship thing is so tacky to keep airing. God knows why the media bother to broadcast such info, only the trash media does here, but still. Very dull.

Looking forward to War of the Worlds though. ;)

KC said...

If she were MY daughter I'd be urging her to show some common sense ...

And I agree, there's definately a little creepiness to this May/December thing ...

Beyond me how six weeks after meeting someone you can "know" them well enough to even think about proposing marriage and a lifetime committment and yet, true love has happened like that. However, I'm not so sure that true love in Hollywood is much the same thing as someone is in love with someone else and it's always "true love" at the time ... Until a few weeks later when they're dating someone else ...

Call me cynical and perhaps yes, maybe I am ... But shouldn't love be something a bit less tacky than acting like a football player who just scored the winning touch down?

Or maybe that is his idea of love ... I have no idea.

Somehow I think if the whole water incident had been along the lines of Ashton Kutcher and his whole "Punk'd" routine, Tom would have been a little less "You're a jerk." about it ... In fact, he might have found it funny.

Oh well, I'm on to other things to occupy my time ... Must go outside and flip the switch in my fusebox as my power has clicked off (yet) again ... Really should make a note to call the landlord.

Orbling said...

Well I guess they all suffer very badly from fame. A terrible illness I'd not wish on anyone, almost impossible to live a normal life with normal feelings when you're plagued by its trappings.

Their lives are a show, drama is to be expected - alas they become as fictional as the parts they play.

Anonymous said...

I think he forgets, while 'trying to act' if he's working or living.

M.

KC said...

I seem to recall spending the last two hours before bedtime yapping away on the phone with somebody like ... you.

Strange as it is, after I got off the phone, hand washed the damn shirt I wanted to wear today - which is still wet, mind you - I decided I should probably go to bed as I have a bad habit of ignoring my alarm clock ...

And of course I did. Ignore my alarm clock that is and woke up an hour after it began chiming. And now, I only have 10 minutes to get out the door and I'm nowhere close to being ready or dressed for that matter ... And god only knows why I'm wasting more time responding.

Two to one, I'm calling work to let them know I'm going to be late.

Oh well, it's not like I'm going to more than make up for it tonight by attending the after hour thing.

Oh ... And since you're so up on my posting - or not as the case may be - I've decided to let you take over Wednesday nights.

I'll send you a password.

;)

KC said...

Safe journey Bren ... Call me so I know you've arrived with your sanity and yourselves intact ...

:)

And remember, it's okay to go the speed limit.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs