Full of Hot Air

The next time I get the brilliant idea to blow up a kiddy pool by breath alone, I want someone to remind me of nearly passing out from the exertion of it all. Especially when it happens to be almost eighty nine degrees outside with no hint of a breeze whatsoever. Talk about what was I thinking ... What was I thinking?

Blowing the pool up however was the easy part. Bren and I had to take a special run to the Home Depot in search of an adaptor for the faucet which would allow me to run a garden hose from the kitchen sink to the inflatable pool outside.

I'd like to take the time right now to point out that we did actually manage to be in the RIGHT aisle, and right in front of the parts we needed, though we did ask for assistance just to make sure we had it right before we got all the way home ... That sort of mistake would have cost me a lot more than my pride ...

Anyhoo after Gramps got done flirting with us, and I managed to slip my phone number to him with a smiley face and a call me note, (okay maybe not so much on that second thing) we headed to the check out where Bren made me go outside of my comfort zone and through the self check out ... (This is the it's all her fault portion of this entry.)

As if I didn't know better ...

And yet, it turned out to be much easier than I thought. Until I got outside that is, and realized as I was pushing the cart into the corral, that hmmmm ... Where'd my bag go?

Rocket scientist that I am, I scanned the merchandise, paid for the merchandise and then ... (drum roll please) walked right out the door without it. I am such a moron!
So of course, I sent Bren back into the store to get my forgotten items ...

You didn't think I was about to go back in all red faced with embarrassment did you? No way, Jose.

And you know it's bad when the very first thing that comes out of your best friend's mouth is, "Well at least now you can blog about your field trip to Home Depot today."

Yay me!

In other news, I got the much anticipated email today, and none too soon ... My arms were beginning to look rather tasty. But more on that later. This girl has got to get to bed. It's Monday tomorrow ...

6 comments:

Orbling said...

LOL, you just managed to knock a stack of DVDs on my desk over, as I was resting my head on my arm, with my elbow on the desk and my laughter rocked the table... grrr, I'll have to sort'em all out now!

I hear a footpump works rather well for paddling pools, maybe there's one in the car?

Had to think for a second of what a faucet was, we don't use that word really over here.

Self check outs are ludicrously dangerous things, I avoid them, they put people out of jobs and embarrass you for an encore. Though leaving the whole bag there is pretty impressive. LOL - Having said that, I've done that before. :$

I remember managing to lose $50 worth of an ex's cosmetics, 5 minutes after she had bought them once. I had the bag in my hand, and then a short while later, I didn't - so I went and bought another bag full of stuff. Once I got cashback at the supermarket (do you have that facility?) and forgot to take the cash from the till person. D'oh. :$

So you're not alone.

At least there's a bright side to your trials and tribulations these days, they make good reading. ;)

Still laughing...

KC said...

If I had an air pump ... I would have used it. No doubt. Turning purple (while really an attractive color) is not one that suits me well.

$50.00 worth of cosmetics? That could last me months. Months I tell you ...

Ach well. Glad I provided some sort of amusement today for someone.

Needless to say I'm sure I'll soon provide more comic relief in the near future.

Oy. It's hot in here! If only I had a super soaker!

Orbling said...

Purple is a great colour, but not so much in the face...

$50 of cosmetics could probably last me indefinitely, she was rather keen on them, not a point I liked.

You always amuse me, though I will try to block out any thoughts to do with super soakers.

KC said...

Super soaker, supoer soaker, super soaker ...

I'm sorry did you say something about a super soaker?

;)

Orbling said...

Grrr.... ;)

KC said...

My caveman's a bit rusty ... Care to elaborate?

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs