Ice Cubism

How?

How am I supposed to think, let alone write anything of any interest at all when I am frying like an egg in a cast iron frying pan?

I need ice cubes. And lots of them. I want to fill my bed with ice cubes and sleep in it's comfy coldness. Until they start melting that is. I've no desire to sleep in the infamous wet spot.

I seriously don't know how people who live down South can take this sort of heat and humidity day after day. I would much rather deal with freezing rain, sleet and snow. Until it's raining, sleeting and snowing ... And then I remember days like these with a fond wistfulness that doesn't remember dehydrating like a raisin - in the sun.

Oh air conditioner. Wherefore art thou, air conditioner?

5 comments:

Orbling said...

Personally, I favour the cooler climates - hot and humid is just plain uncomfortable, at least when it's cold you can put more clothes on, or jump under some covers.

When it's all sticky and hot, there is a limit to how many layers you can take off and air conditioners are both uncommon (here at least) and a waste of electric. Maybe I should fly north for the summer.... :S

KC said...

I am an expert at cold showers ... As for sheets, never have given that a try, but I've found that if I close all the blinds and draw the curtains while I am gone to work, it makes it a whole lot cooler when I come home.

As for me, I favor the cold. It's a heck of a lot easier to get warm than it is to cool off.

Orbling said...

"As for me, I favor the cold. It's a heck of a lot easier to get warm than it is to cool off."

My feelings exactly. I'm a past master at getting hotter, cooling down again often proves a problem.

My nan still has her heating on, I swear it's mid-80s here and she has the heating on inside full-whack with the windows shut. I nearly died of heat exhaustion...

KC said...

Nan's all around the world have that same habit ... Next time you go, take an ice pack, place it on the freezer and just when you think you can't take it anymore, take it out, put it on the back of your neck and say "Ahhhh ..."

We now return to a sentence that is not a major run on.

Orbling said...

Not sure I'd react overly well to an ice pack to the neck, sudden temperature changes and me don't mix. I like a nice icy drink though, even in winter, but especially in summer...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs