Good morning, Thursday morning. I'm awake, I'm refreshed and I'm ready to face the day. In other words, I am back to work, leaving my sickroom days behind me, as I head back into the grind. So much for getting used to owning my own time.

I am sure to be razzed today by my wonderful coworkers, who will without a doubt, make every effort to make my homecoming difficult. First it will be the guilt trip, of just how miserable their lives were at work, while I was gone. "You can't even imagine how busy we've been.", they will say, looking at me with scouring eyes, for signs of illness. Then it will be, "Sick? Yeah right ... Try something more like a vacation, while we've been working ourselves to the bone." But the crowning moment, of course will be, the large stack of whatever papers, that somewhere between Monday and Wednesday, they decided to leave on my desk, so that I'll end up doing as much work in the two days I'm back, as they did in the three days I was sick. It's all a viscious circle.

But I am to work and happy to be going. It is PAYDAY afterall.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs