Another shameless plug for my Mom, who has finally seen fit to update her blog. It's about time already! Just kidding Mother ... You know I love you more than broccoli!

I bought a new CD at Wally World tonight, well actually two ... I let KC pick out a Disney channel music CD, for a first grade graduation surprise. Nights like tonight, remind me just how lucky I am, to have her as my daughter.

She really is such a special little girl, There's just something about her that can always make me smile. Tonight, she was such a goonie, dancing in the middle of the music aisle, not caring who could see or what they might think. Lord, the freedom of being 7 years old. I hope she never loses that kind of spontaneity and spunk ... What a precious treasure I have.

I'm listening to Sarah Brightman at the moment, my latest acquisition. I had previously found her quite by chance last year, tooling around Amazon.com and have been a fan ever since. (FYI: Some may recognize her name from the Phantom of the Opera cast list.) She's definitely not mainstream, but then again, I have a tendency to not like those artists who travel in crowded waters.

What I am, is a lover of different sounds, new interpretations on old ideas and lyrics that hold power behind their beauty. To me an album has to have heart, rather than just be a compilation of songs. It needs to grasp me, hold me in it's spell, sing to me with words that could be my own. It is every friend I have ever made and every love I have ever lost ... That my friends, is what good music is all about. Touching the part of your soul, you thought no one could ever dare to reach.

"I am dreaming a dream or this is Paradise and the Abode of Peace!" ~ Arabian Nights

(Quote, courtesy of the inside jacket cover of Sarah's CD entitled Harem.)

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs