Well, I went to the dreaded Doctor today and have lived to tell the tale ... Unscathed and medicated to boot, I'm in much better spirits or so it seems. Of course, it could have something to do with finally getting a good nights sleep, on my new mattress and box spring. There's just one little (or should I say tall) problem ... Last night, I felt like a track and field star, running the routine for a pole vaulting exposition, just to get into my new bed. The damn thing is almost as tall as I am! Lucky for me, I recently invested in a step stool. Yeah baby, I got my money's worth on that one ...

I spent a good portion of my evening helping my Mother get situated with a blog all of her own. For now, she's using a prefabbed blogskin which will have to do ... Especially since between the two of us, neither of us know enough HTML crap, to be even slightly dangerous. I need to get one of those HTML for Dummies books ... Then it's only a matter of time before my genuis takes over the world. (Insert evil laugh here) Now that IS an interesting idea to ponder. Hmmmm ... Top Five anyone?

#1 First thing I would do away with is the 5 day work week. I think it would make more sense to knock it back to 2. That way, we would have the optimum amount of rest required, to put in a productive day at the office. And all this without any cut to your current paycheck, as well as a stipulated 6 weeks of paid vacation every year.

#2 Affordable healthcare! After my little trip to the good doctor today, my wallet was $60.00 less than what I started with this morning. (Cost included visit and the prescription.) Can we say highway robbery, boys and girls? And the really scary part is, that I HAVE insurance and CAN cover the cost (although begrudgingly) without having to worry about eating tuna fish for dinner for an indefinite amount of time.

But low income familes, larger families and our senior population don't have the wherewithall to do the same, without suffering severe economic setbacks. Somebody please tell me, what is wrong with a country that STILL has yet to come up with a viable solution for its citizens. Come on George, tax cuts for the wealthiest one percent? Sounds more like thanks for nothing. (Wow, this is getting very political.)

#3 We got back to bartering chickens. Who the hell thought money was the better deal! (Remember people, chickens are multifaceted.)

#4 Disney gets their stuff together and initiates the following to be applied to all new movies ... 1. Stop killing off the Mother's. What does Disney have against Mom's anyway? Just to prove my point, I'll name a few motherless orphans ... Cinderella, Snow White, Bambi, The Little Mermaid, Jasmine from Aladdin, Jane from Tarzan, Pinocchio (wooden boys need Mom's too) and Belle from Beauty and the Beast. And you thought I was making all that up! 2. Female characters do a little ass kicking of their own and save themselves. (Have I mentioned that Mulan is my all time favorite! Bye bye Charming, bye bye Valient.) 3. And lastly, I've saved my biggest gripe for last. Besides Lion King (which in my opinion doesn't count), Disney has yet to produce a picture that features black characters in the leading story line. I can't imagine why it should be so, but there it is. Somebody in the Magic Kingdom needs to be getting on that.

#5 Men line up in droves just for an opportunity to take me on a date. What, I ask you, is the point of being in control of the world, if you can't tweak your social life?

I really ought to consider running for President someday ... But until then, let me give my Mom's NEW BLOG a plug. Check it out folks, I promise that once she gets over her initial shyness to blogging on the web, she'll be a site well worth reading.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs