It's good to be back in business ...

I tried posting last night, but blogger was on the down and out, preparing for the new and improved blogger upgrade. A major crimp in my style, when I'm pretty consistent with posting on a daily basis. (Not counting vacations.)

Talk about having my own personal guilt-fest ... Anyhoo, I'm digging on the new look, despite my initial negative reaction to the change. What can I say, I'm a glass is half empty sort of girl, when it comes right down to it.

We've had three really beautiful days now, right in a row, and I for one, would like to say, how glad I am to be spending all my time in a windowless office. Believe it or not, sometimes it is better not to know what you are missing. I am sure that by this weekend however, I can count on the rain to return. Especially considering that Jodi graduates this weekend and the event is supposed to be held outside. Oh well, I'll keep my fingers crossed but I have low expectations ...

Speaking of low expectations, I had a thought yesterday that I thought was kind of funny, as in har har. I was flipping through the assorted channels on my television and for a (very) brief moment, I stopped on a major league baseball game. Personally, I find the whole hit and run premis of baseball tedious! I mean come on, who has time to hit the ball, run a few yards and then wait for some other schmuck to hit the damn thing so you can move a couple of more steps forward?

Heck, even in high school, I had this whole thing figured out, much to the chagrin of my gym teacher. I remember those days fondly ... I would be standing somewhere, way out far in the outfield, contemplating dandelions when occassionally the coaches yelling would pull me back to reality. "The ball! Stacey!", she'd yell, waving her arms around like a crazy person. It didn't take a rocket scientist, to know she wanted me to catch it. But self-preservation always won out in the end and the only place my mitt went, was over my head in the duck and cover position.

The problem with baseball, is that it takes up too much time. I mean, who has the patience to sit through all 9 innings? I myself, could be perfectly happy with 2 and a short drive home. I've even thought up slogans for possible, I hate baseball t-shirts ... For example,

"Please take me anywhere but to the ballgame." front side, and "Peanuts and crackerjacks are for fools." backside.

Which brings me to the whole point of this blasted baseball topic.

So there I was last night, watching a baseball team, who's team mascot shall remain anonymous, when a little burst of laughter escaped my lips. It seems there is a far more nefarious reason, as to why I dislike baseball, and the answer lies somewhere in the realm of post break up aggression.

So without further adieu, and because I need to go to work, I present you with the inner workings of my female mind and the number one reason baseball bothers me. It turned out to be quite a simple concept really ...

Break up with boyfriend = Hate his favorite baseball team (and take extreme joy whenever they get trounced.)

An even trade I am sure, and maybe even a little good for the soul.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs