The problem with taking a sick day off in the middle of the week, it that it kills your drive to go back to work and finish it out.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to shake the sense of duty I have to go in today, being that it is Thursday and all, which is why I will be readying myself momentarily to face the day ahead. Still to be quite honest, I am feeling worse now than I did all day yesterday and I am quite sure that talking will soon be a thing of the past as I can no longer feel my throat, except for a dull ache.

But a day convalescing on the couch, doesn't interest me too much either. I spent most of yesterday, washcloth slapped across my forehead, wondering when it was that daytime programming took a swan dive into the garbage dumpster.

After clicking my way through 70 channels and back, I was horrified to find, that there really wasn't anything on that appealed to me enough to watch. Deciding on the lesser of all evils, I tuned in to TLC, watching their "Stories" ... The Make-Over, The Dating, The Wedding, The Baby. Otherwise known as people whose lives appear much better than yours crammed into a single half hour.

By the time I tuned out, mild depression was sinking in and I did what I should have done from the start, and stuck my nose into a book, tossing the remote to the far corner of the room. (Take that TLC!)

I did however have interesting dreams last night, which may have been induced by the grape tasting cough syrup and the halls vapo rub I had slathered across my neck. Since it's almost time to head out, I'll have to give you the long story short version later. Hopefully I'll remember enough by the end of the day to write down in words the extreme weirdness of my subconscious.

Now to go find a box of Kleenex ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs