Have I ever mentioned just how corny I can get after having a good weekend? If not, all it takes is reading what I wrote last night to confirm my worst fears ... My prose license needs to be revoked.

I mean hello ... What was with the crustacean kick? Festival of trees? And all this mountain music I was mumbling about?

Me thinks I actually forgot what it was that I was really about, since the whole trip north to the boonies this weekend, was to patron a good old boy bar, just to see my friend's band in action.

Perhaps, had I wanted to be a bit more factual, I would have mentioned the horrid red, white and blue wallpaper that desperately clung to the wall, in fear of the big bug eyed buffalo head that hung on the opposite wall. Or maybe I should have mentioned the worn out wood floor, with knicks, chips and knotholes worn away over time, by the constant tread of country dances. And worse yet, maybe I should have mentioned the locals ...

Anyhoo, good morning, Monday morning. Despite the fact that I would be more than willing to head back upstairs and back to bed, I feel quite refreshed and ready for another day.

I did a whole bunch this weekend, that I'll have to fill you all in on later, but for the record, since I did hear tale of a bad review, let me say that I highly recommend Disney's Brother Bear.

The message may be a bit deeper than your average kid can catch hold of, but all in all, the flick was quite good. So good, I cried three different times, once within the first 10 minutes of it starting.

I think it's Disney's penchant for killing people off that does it, and I've got a complete list of Disney casualties to prove it. (Remind me to post it here on a later date.)

But I hold to the belief that just maybe some day, Disney will do me a favor and not make a movie that makes me cry. There's something about sitting there in the dark, tears streaming down your face in the middle of an emotional moment, with a thousand little children surrounding you watching a cartoon, that makes you feel like a complete wussball.

However, I'll have to say more later on that topic, since now it is time to get to work. Happy Day all ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs