There is a valuable lesson to be learned about reading books while you are at work. Though difficult to do, it can be done. A fact I proved yesterday, despite constant interruption and irritation that every single time I got to a good part full of sensory overload, my damn phone would start ringing off the hook again.

Now on a normal day, customers don't bother me. I'd even go so far as to say that I'm usually a pleasant person to talk to. But when I'm reading, watch out! I was pratically snarling at the phone every time it rang, and though I tried, it was useless to pretend there wasn't any agitation in my voice.

But despite all this, I finished the 200 some page book by lunch time. A good thing, since I had to go into the city to rescue my sister's car which was stranded on the side of the road thanks to a dead battery.

Until later all. I need to go waste a Saturday.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs