In exactly 13 days I will be turning 29, and I am not the least bit happy about it.

Despite the usual complaints about aging, my biggest problem with turning 29, is all the things I haven't done. The things that I promised myself would be done by a certain age. With 30 just around the corner, it's all I can do to feel that this final year in my twenties, won't be one that leaves me feeling as if I'm cramming for a test that I've no hope to pass.

Last night, I decided to have a conversation with God, to get some answers about where it was I was supposed to be, but all I got was silence on the other end of the phone. God doesn't tend to give up the gossip when it comes to finding the right path, expecting us instead to figure it out on our own. But I was a bit miffed, wanting to know why I'd been struggling to hit all the curve balls, when so many other people get a straight shot down the middle.

And then I felt instantly guilty, remembering that for all my complaints, that there was another complete list of things in my life, that God had blessed me with. And I was thankful ...

But still there was this nagging feeling of wanting something more in my life than what I have and I wanted to ask God, well how about it and why not? And I wanted to be told an answer, given an epiphany, as I was standing there, waiting for the golden light to shine down on me like it always happens on Touched By An Angel. But the trumpets didn't blare, and the light, well it was the normal 60 watt shining in my living room.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs