I now declare this unofficial BLOG BREAK weekend officially over.

After Thursday's nothing much to talk about post, I quickly came to the realization that I needed a break. I was drained, storied out, blogged out, and bummed out, wondering why I was trying to write, when I didn't have anything of any interest to say.

I felt like a stagnant pond, knee deep with water but void of life.

Living around the clock by the numbers, stuck in the same old routine of getting up, going to work, coming home, making dinner and going to bed. I might as well have been a hermit crab, carrying my house around on my back, inhabiting my shell like creatures with soft bodies are bound to do, unwilling to lose my armor.

But outside, I could hear the mountain music calling from its highest peaks, all the way down to the bottom of the valley. "Live." it said. "Celebrate life, the festival of trees shining in bright colors around you, the frozen spikes of frost that hold green blades of grass. Breathe, and don't be afraid of taking in too much air. There's plenty here for all to share."

Without any excuses of why not to go, I grabbed my keys, shut the lights off, locked the door and stepped out into the night, back into life and the world that was happy to have me back.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs