Somebody sneezed on me, and now I'm feeling sick.

My throat is scratchy, I have a cough, and my eyes are turning into giant pools of water. I want to stay home.

But I have to go to work.

If I don't go, they'll think I'm faking it. If I call in, they'll say all I wanted was a day off in retaliation for Saturday's inventory debacle. If I don't show, someone will have to go into my office, and try to decipher the mess of organized disaster stacked up in piles on my desk.

If I don't go, when I go back, I'll be given over to the dogs, made fun of for letting a few sniffles bring me low. Teased and tormented for an entire day, to make up for an entire day of being gone.

This is how it is. This is how it always is.

So I'll go to work, and I'll sputter and cough, and sneeze on someone else to pass the germs around, just so they can blame me, when they start feeling as bad as I do (without all the guilty feelings about calling in) proving my fortitude as I stand there wavering in the face of ultimate devotion as one by they one they come up to say, "Ooooh Stacey ... Not looking good today. You feeling ok?"

And I'll just nod my head and simper some comment out into the air, while making sure to breathe in their direction.

*** After Post Note ~ 5 Minutes Later ***
Work? Who needs to stinking go to work? This girl is taking the day off with pay, and taking some much needed R & R.

Until later all, maybe I'll post again over a bowl of chicken noodle soup.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs