I am far from being girl accomplishment this morning, having far more to do than having got done yesterday.

I, as hard as this seems to believe, am easily distracted. A trait my friend Linda takes great pleasure in reminding me of.

Last week, she ordered everyone not to speak to me, until I had answered her question. Standing in front of me like a bull dog, as I hemmed, hawwed and then finally pointed out my answer on the sheet.

"Thank goodness!" she exclaimed with a weary sigh. "This taking two hours to pick out what you want to have for lunch is getting ridiculous, especially considering that you always get the same thing."

I gave her a cheeky grin.

Candy laughed. "Let me guess ... A grilled cheese sandwhich and the chicken soup from Knuckles?"

The two looked at me, anticipation on their faces, waiting for my reply. I dared not disappoint.

"You know, you two can be really annoying." I said in a mock huff, attempting to flip my short hair with attitude as I strode out of the room, their laughter following me.

Halfway down the hallway, I turned back quick enough to yell,
"And just for the record, I don't always get the soup!"

My comment immediately followed by more laughter.

"Only because they don't have it everyday!" they countered back. A good point to be sure.

It's a bitch being predictable.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs