Days of My Life

What the hell day is it?

I just figured out that I spent all of yesterday thinking it was Thursday, only to find out this morning - as in just a few minutes ago - that today was Thursday, and yesterday was indeed Wednesday, no matter how much I treated it like a Thursday.

This would explain why nobody else cleaned their front or back porches yesterday like yours truly did for the power washers that are coming TODAY, and why when I got home - horribly late from work last night - the house didn't appear to be very clean at all. Because - and let me say this again for all of you who are still sleeping - they're coming TODAY. Today as in Thursday, which is not Wednesday, which is what is was yesterday. Which is why I was the only idiot cleaning her porch yesterday morning before going to work.

And did I mention I wore jeans to work yesterday? A major no no, but being that my give a shit factor was at an all time low, I figured if anyone wanted to give me grief, I was fully prepared to give them hell. Funny thing however, other than a few glances, everyone kept their mouths most conveniently shut.

I still got my ass kicked yesterday though. My desk was a complete mess, and no matter how I plugged along throughout the whole day, even working through my lunch - as usual - I couldn't catch up. So I had to weigh my options to either stay late and get things caught up or leave it for the this morning and risk having another busy ass day playing catch up. The choice was obvious ...

Smart girls always stay late and get what they need done. Even when they're salary and don't get paid overtime. Sick? Yup ... Necessary? Unfortunately.

Oh well, time to make the doughnuts.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs