Opening Night Performance

KC and I just returned home from Jamie's opening night performance of Oklahoma.
And I have to say, it was absolutely wonderful, despite the fact that the kids only had a mere five weeks to pull it all together.  

And though this might come off as a very biased opinion, my nephew really blew the audience away as Judd Frye - a no good mangy varmint you wouldn't trust alone in a chicken house even if someone paid you to let him try.  

The boy has talent, raw talent.  And the kind of desire for the stage that runs deep in his blood, so that when you see him up there, you just know he was born to be on the stage.  And watching him, it was almost like forgetting he was a 13 year old boy and not the man he was portraying himself to be.  I am in awe and maybe even a might bit jealous, that my desire for the stage never burned that bright.

But I am proud and very impressed.  And as they say in Rome, Bravo ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs