Sigh of Relief

My new alarm clock sucks.

Today marked day number three of the damn thing not buzzing me awake when it was supposed to. And all I can say is thank God for my internal alarm clock saving the day. ( Although don't think that will stop me from cursing the hell out of it on weekends.)

Just got back to work from a quick trip home to meet the new landlords of my building for an apartment inspection. Things went well considering that I (a) own an illegal cat and two parakeets, (b) have painted both upstairs bedrooms outlandish colors not attractive to the common man (chocolate brown and watermelon pink - respectively of course) and (c) had to prevent pools of drool from dripping from my mouth.

Aye caramba!

The new LL is a tall drink of water. As in tall, (at least 6 ft or better) dark, (short brown hair spiked to razor like perfection) and handsome (I did say drool, didn't I?) with steel gray eyes and a smile as white as it is nice. And his last name isn't so bad either. In fact, if I were to marry him (not bloody likely after only one meeting) I'd only have to change one letter in my last name to match his. Of course, marrying an Italian boy is not big on my list of things to do. Because - and quite frankly from personal experience and opinion - Italian men can be royal pains in the arses, especially if their Italian Momma's coddled them their entire lives and they've grown up with the everything is about me attitude that seems to be a featured characteristic of all, ok … Well most Italian men. Marriage in general however … That I could deal with, if I ever found the right guy. Perhaps I should use the blog as a dating tool, "Now accepting applications. Apply within." Who knows, it might just be a double edged sword, upping my regular reader levels and getting me a date as well. Hmmmm … Something to think about.

What else to report … Other than my failure to post for two days has me feelings like my blogging karma is completely out of whack. And Lord, the guilt. I signed on late to my computer last night and had every intention of posting something really quick and meaningless - for posting's sake - only to get a message that Blogger was temporarily down for repairs. Funny thing is, I was rather happy about it since I was way too tired to be posting anything anyway. Which is not to mention that posting that late at night would have only inspired absolute drivel … Not that being fully conscious has ever inspired anything greater than that.

But I'm back. Feeling better about the whole thing, although a little crispy around the edges from my third degree sunburn left over from Sunday's pool time excursion minus the sun block. One would think after almost 30 years, I would have figured out by now, that I am only lying to myself when I say, "I tan … I don't burn."

3 comments:

Coyote Girl said...

And so what did the landlord say about the illegal cat, the perky parokeets, the watermelon boudoir and the chocolate brown respite room?

KC said...

"have you noticed the ones that are the pains are the best looking why is that?"

I'm guessing it's got something to do with an overinflated sense of self, brought on by too much pampering, hair products, and girls who get turned on by an overload of testosterone.

Still if my Grandmother were alive, (God rest her soul)I know just what she'd say ... "Stacey, go and find yourself a nice Italian boy, get married, and have babies." This of course followed by one of those embarrassingly painful cheek pinching episodes.

Don't get me wrong though. Italian men do have their good points. Take my Dad for instance, while he likes to pretend that he's this tough macho guy, inside he's really a giant mushball. (He cried after listening to a Luther Vandross song.) And my Grandfather, (GRHS too) despite the fact that he addressed my Grandmother as "Woman go get me ..." whenever he needed something, he treated my sister and I like principessas.

Acutally that doesn't sound too bad. Maybe I need to rethink my position.

KC said...

As far as the LL ... He didn't seem phased in the least by the cat or the birds ... And as far as I can tell, although he did think fuscia walls were a bit brighter than he'd like in his own home, I'm not expecting to get an eviction notice ...

Of course, it did help that I poured on the charm, batted my eyelashes and showed a generous amount of cleavage ... Heh, heh, heh ...

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs