Cat In a Cart

OK ... So I'm a complete dork.

Not only did Emma and I go for a car ride, but we decided to stop off at PetSmart and do a little shopping.

Do you know how odd it felt to be walking down the aisle shopping with my cat? It was one of those, I've been brain washed into thinking that this is not kosher moments. Every other step, I expected someone to tap me on the shoulder and say, "Miss, you and your cat are going to have to leave now." Instead people were stopping me to comment on how pretty and well behaved she was, as they gave her a quick pet and inquired after her name. And there I was, the proud Momma.

It reminded me of how it used to be going to the grocery store after KC was first born. The entire time we were trying to shop, complete strangers would come up to us, admiring and cooing over how cute KC was with her head full of jet black hair and her angelic little face. And at first we were like every other parent, eagerly answering all the standard questions, still a little bit in awe ourselves over what we had created. Eventually however when the newness wore off, being stopped every two seconds became tedious. We did after all have shopping to do, and strangers trying to touch the baby gave us the creeps.

Still it was an interesting experience for me, as well as for the other shoppers. I'm sure they were all quite impressed with the lady who was talking with her cat in public as if it was going to answer. It's too bad I didn't realize that was what I was doing, until I noticed someone giving me a queer stare. Aye yi yi ...

3 comments:

Coyote Girl said...

ooo....even worse than a cat in a cart is a cat in a car with fleas...hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your flea infestation now, more than likely, includes your car...and all it will take is one pregnant flea resting on your lap while you drive to work and then bumming a ride on your clothing into your office and Voila!!! Fleas take over the workplace! Good luck eradicating the little biting blighters...remember all's fair in love and war.

KC said...

Mother ... Have some faith in your youngest daughter that she does indeed - and in this case - have more brains than a flea.

Emma was sufficiently medicated and flea free - thanks to the local vet clinic - prior to her tour about town.

And don't go for walk with snakes anymore! You did last night in my dream and seriously stressed me out!

Coyote Girl said...

I sometimes forget, due to my advanced age (ha ha), what a smart daughter I have....

However, in my dream last night, you and Kate and I were in Greece. You were visiting...I lived there and was a sucessful writer....I had a very good life!

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs