Stone Cold Crazy

For all of you who were wondering - or weren't wondering for that matter - yesterday sucked complete ass.

It all started off with falling back to sleep, when I should have been getting ready for work, making me almost late for the usual pre-start of the day's business - standing around the break room making fresh coffee -discussions. Opting for a cup of tea instead, and forced to use a fork to wind the tea bag since no one bothered to replace the spoons, I only managed to gleam two things.

(1) Maggie is not adverse to drinking day old coffee as long as it has been sufficiently warmed up.

and

(2) Cheryl's opinion of thong sandals is the same as mine, pretty to look at ... A pain to wear.

From there, it was to my office where I promptly almost spilled my beverage, knocked my headset off the desk, dropped my purse and discovered that for company - as much unwanted as it was - Slug was standing outside my door to say hello, prompting me to mutter under my breath the one thought that had invaded my mind ever since gaining consciousness ... God, I should have stayed home today.

By lunch, I'd had a million revisions, more credits to write, and a close encounter with Toni - who may be the nicest woman I have ever met - that just about escalated itself into a full out bar brawl.

Perhaps I could have handled things better than saying, "Get out of my office now," in a very hard cold voice, and heard the words behind her screeching as a desperate cry for help that we both were stressed beyond our measure and nothing should be taken personally. The boys meanwhile were having a field day, and suggesting that perhaps the discussion should be moved somewhere more convenient. Say like the mudhole around the side of the driveway ...

After lunch things slipped back to normal, after Toni and I both came to the conclusion that we behaved like men, and propmtly offered up sincere apologies for the neanderthal behavior.

Things were beginning to look up. My office at last was clean, all folders had been restored to their original upright positions, and my friend Mike suggested drinks after work.

One problem.

It wasn't my weekend off, which meant as far as irresponsibilty goes, it wasn't my time for goofing off. Still I decided to track down my sister, in hopes she wouldn't be adverse to hanging on to KC for just an extra hour, as I seldom manage time out with friends.

But when I got her on the phone, something about her voice gave me pause. Perhaps it was her request for five extra dollars to watch KC another hour that did it, but then again, I thought she was joking or just being her regular pain the ass self. Having gained "permission" to go, Mike decided against a bar run, and said, "I'll run to the store for supplies and we can go to your house instead."

So I had to call Amy back. "Change of plans," I said. "I'm picking KC up and I'll be there right after work," to which she promptly clicked off the phone.

Her behavior should have given me pause. Should have set warning bells off in my head that disaster was only a short car ride away, but instead I went to collect KC thinking, "At last this day from hell is over ..."

Oh, how wrong I was.

The girl was completely unglued when I got there, mouthing off about five dollars as I stood at her kitchen counter writing her out a check. I opted to ignore her bluster and keep writing.

"We've got to go," I said, calling KC down to get ready to leave, not noticing my sister was gearing up for high dramatics.

And then, it was if Mount Vesuvias had blown. Suddenly my sister is ranting and raving like a bonafied lunatic about what a selfish bitch I am and how I make a supposed two thousand dollars a month, and what a cheap bitch was I, if I couldn't give her another five dollars.

----- Sidenote ----

I am not a selfish and/or a cheap bitch and I do not bring in two thousand dollars a month. I do not own my own home, while she does. I have a piece of shit car in desperate need of massive repairs. IE: brakes, tires and leaking gas tank. Compared to her two vehicles, one of which resembles an SUV. I work my ass off, putting in overtime even when I'd rather be home. I take care of my daughter's needs first before my own, which does not include planning vacations without my kids, signing up for 400 stations of digital cable, and/or staying cable connected to the internet when there is a question of putting food in a child's mouth and/or clothing on their back. In other words, if you're a pauper living as a prince, perhaps you need to re-examine where all your money goes, and make the necessary cut backs, rather than thinking you can extort money from your younger sister!

--- End rant --- End Sidenote ---

Anyhoo, I didn't wait around to explain all this after she decided to send a chair flying in my direction, managing to graze me on the leg with her aim. Instead, I grabbed KC and got the hell out of there before my temper reached boiling point, forcing me to remind her who really was the title fighter of the family, rather than their steam and bluster counterpart.

Crying the entire way home, more from anger than anything else, I almost forget Mike was still coming over. Luckily for me, he's a good friend and a good listener as I blathered on and on about the ridiculousness of what sometimes is my family.

A game of Uno with KC, and some much needed conversation over drinks as we sat outside, the night slowly began to improve. Unfortunately, the episode did give me pause, making me rethink my position of wanting to buy this house that happens to be two doors down from my sister. As much as I like it, and as much as it would be perfect for KC and I, I think I've no other choice but to pass.

Oh well, there is a day today that needs to be started.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

It sounds to me like your sister was helping you out and you just took a big shit on her. It also sounds like you need to face some reality, get over shit that happened in your past and grow up. Most people your age have managed to face things that have happened to them in the past and let things go, accept things the way they are now... how about giving it a shot. I'm sure you'd be a better person(though self centered as you may be) in all I'm sure everyone would benefit from it. One more thing, I've been a long time blogger and no matter how angry or frustrated anyone in my family may make me I would NEVER trash my family on my blog site. This blog was very inappropriate, and if you've got that many issues perhaps you should find a good therapist. I feel sorry for your family to have to go through what you have said about them throughout your blogs....especially your father and sister. This one just takes the cake. I for one will no longer read your blogs and I would suggest everyone else do the same.

KC said...

Dear Anon ... Or should I say Amy?

I would personally love it, if you stopped reading my blog. As all you ever really do is criticize everything I do, and the honesty in which I do it with.

But you know the thing I don't get, is how you can possibly have the nerve to post shit under the disguise of someone else, when I at least have the balls to tell it like it is under my own name.

As far as therapy goes, before you go recommending it, why don't you try a little on yourself. I think you may need it far more than me.

So go away. Don't read me anymore. Tell all your friends not to read me anymore. I really don't give a shit. You're going to do whatever it is you're going to do anyway, so just leave me in peace. I'm so tired of your sanctimonious bullshit when what you really are is the proverbial pot calling the kettle black.

Perhaps it's time for you to own your own shit for once in your life.

KC said...

And in the case, you are not my sister ... Perhaps you should think of the ramifications your comments could have on my family when you decided to post comments as Anon ...

So "Long Time Blogger" take this blog and shove it. Shove it right where the sun don't shine. If you can find that place anyway, because evidently from your comments, the sun is always a shining in your world where conflict doesn't exist.

And the funny thing is, I don't mind negative comments at all. In fact, I quite expect them from time to time. I'm not perfect. Don't believe I ever posted anywhere that I was. But I also own what I write, and I'll stand behind it any day of the week.

But you ... You post your vomit without a name. Without an email for me to send a rebuttal to. And you expect me to what? Take your advice, admonish myself because of your opinion, feel bad because someone out there hasn't lived my family dynamics?

No one said you can't have an opinion. You're entitled to it. But as I've said before, and as I'll say again, and again ... Leave a comment, leave a name or just leave.

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs