High Druthers

"The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is."
- Mary Pettibone Poole, A Glass Eye at a Keyhole (1938)

I wish I could say that I've spent hours and hours pouring over random books and magazines, in search of the perfect quote for every occassion, but the truth is I haven't and I don't. I've got The New Beacon Book of Quotations By Women to thank. Organized from A to Z, it's got over 16,000 quotations that come in handy for almost any situation you can think of.

Don't have one? What are you waiting for? Get to your local Barnes and Noble today!

In other news, KC has decided to spend most of this morning in a high druther. Just a moment ago stomping upstairs when I asked her to go locate two pretties for her hair so I can get her ready for today's outing.

"I don't want pigtails!" she shouted, balling her hands into fists at her side. "I'll look like a baby!"

"You won't look like a baby unless you act like one," I quipped back at her, just in time to see her roll her eyes, spinning on her heels to march upstairs.

"I'm only having one ponytail!" she shouted again.

And I'm only having one child, I thought to myself ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs