Have you looked at the stars lately?

I just can't figure out what it is with me and cartoons.

KC is home watching Christmas specials and I'm here balling my eyes out over clay-mation. A fact which would be mighty damn embarrassing if there was anyone else around to witness my emotional breakdown.

Lucky for me, the blinds are closed and my neighbors don't come knocking too often, unless it's to warn me about an unscheduled visit from our "not so handy" handy man. (A man who deserves at least two paragraphs unto himself for me to do him any sort of justice.)

Still there would be no arguments from me, if the guy from #3 were to drop over for a visit and borrow a cup of sugar or get down on bended knee to declare his undying love for me. (Not that I think that that's really going to happen.)

But I do find myself missing the days when my friend Sue lived next door. Whenever I needed something or just wanted to be annoying for no good reason, I'd simply bang on the walls that separated our apartments and wait for her to come out and play.

Sometimes late at night, we'd simply sit together on the cold concrete and look up at the stars. And though I know I said it over a thousand times, as I am prone to do with certain things and certain situations, Sue never shushed me when I would say, "You know ... People just don't look up at the stars enough anymore." She'd simply sit there, nod her head once and say, "I know, Stacey. I know."

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs