Out of Body Experience

Day 2 of Pre-Christmas vacation and KC has just been successfully put on the bus for school.

I am alone. Completely. Absolutely. Positively. Wonderfully. Alone.

I'm exhausted though.

I had such weird dreams last night, that I actually woke up happy to be awake. This in itself very unusual. But then again, so is riding an escalator over acres of green grass and being able to see the top of Carousel Mall from a gazillion miles away, while your sister and Mother are busy slamming doors in each others faces.

From there you've got evil beings hiding out in closets thinking about possession. 13 open graves dug in the dirt right around the corner from the dorms you lived in when you were in college. And a weird notion that a gothic experience in the middle of your dreams secretly translates that you desire to wear coal black lipstick and die your hair midnight black in your waking life.

And who could be surprised when you're old friend Jay reappears wearing a burgandy beret with his leather jacket, upset over a recent breakup with his boyfriend?

Have I mentioned that I'm glad to be awake this morning?

But I have more to do today than just stay home desperately trying to keep my eyes open. There is last minute shopping needing to be done and even though I know I shouldn't, I'm stopping at Barnes and Nobles before heading back home for the day.

I will not buy myself a gift. I will not buy myself a gift. I will not ... Buy more than one gift for myself.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs