As this is the first Monday in a very long list of Monday's that I have woken up without the feeling of impending doom hanging over me, I feel the need to both blather and blog on about it.

Mom is sitting at the dining room table writing post cards, enjoying her morning cup of coffee, while I sit here patiently - ok maybe not so patiently - waiting for her to get a move on so we can get our day of Christmas shopping started.

I absolutely abhor shopping, Christmas shopping to be exact. This time of year, people are just plain evil and rude, whether they are pushing you out of their way in stores, or flipping you the bird as they steal your space in the parking lot, because we all know that the holiday spirit takes a flying leap right out the window when people are spending money and searching for bargains.

Except it seems that the only bargains I find, are the ones meant more for me than for someone else. And I have to stand there in the store reminding myself that Christmas is about buying for other people, the whole better to give then to receive bologna that my Mother taught me way back when. Which to my credit, I figured out was her nice way of saying that it's not all about me.

Still when the price is right, it's ok to think a little of yourself and buy that tempting little Christmas treat. After all, no one knows like you know, just how good it is you've been all year.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs