Blogging From Bed

11:40 something in the a.m. and here I am still in bed, having never left it from the night before, save for infrequent though necessary jaunts to the bathroom. I started reading a wonderful book last night, all cuddled up in blankets with the soft glow of the lamplight beside my bed, only to fall asleep 5 pages in, so tired was I from a day spent rushing from here to there, that the very moment I relaxed, even if it was just only a very teensy little bit, I promptly fell asleep, lights on and everything.

The phone has rang once already this morning and though I was awake enough to answer it, I opted to let the machine be my voice, rather than rushing myself down a flight of stairs, risking a tumble, only to greet some telemarketer wanting to sell me something on the line. For the briefest of seconds, I wondered if perhaps it might be my lumber buddy Paul, checking up on me to see if I really meant what I said yesterday about sometimes sleeping in until noon on a Saturday when the opportunity presented itself. And for another moment, I considered tracking down the phone to give a call only to say in the briefest sort of way that yes, I was still in bed and not thinking of leaving it any time soon and shouldn't he be jealous of that fact since he of course would still be working.

And shouldn't I be feeling guilty ... All morning hearing my neighbors hustle about their business, with the opening and closing of doors, both to houses and cars, the sound of their jangling keys reminding me of the need to get up and go. And yet the sweet realization that today, my time is my own, and I can lull about to my hearts content.

I am however getting a bit hungry, and a glass of juice wouldn't be remiss either at this point. And I'm sure Emma, my ever faithful feline companion, is none too happy that her breakfast hour has come and gone, with only the sight of an empty food bowl to rile her growling stomach. And in this case, it is no wonder she has been eyeing the birds like she has this morning, as if they were breakfast on the go rather than the pets they are presumed to be. For their part, Fitzwilliam and Lizzie do seem to purposely antagonize the cat with all their chirping and songsinging, as well as me when they feel the need to start it before even the first light of day has managed to creep itself inside the windows.

So it seems now has become the perfect time to face the day, heave myself from my bed and make my way downstairs to munch on a bagel, sip a glass of juice, and read the last few pages of the book I both started last night and again this morning. From there, I've only questions as to where the day may go ...

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs