The Vacation Chronicles, Chapter 2

The art of having a good vacation, despite the hollow echoing sound of your wallet, is finding interesting things to do that cost nearly next to nothing, or if you're very lucky, aboslutely nothing at all.

Yesterday KC and I splurged and spent the afternoon at the movies. Much to our surprise, Princess Diaries 2: The Royal Engagement turned out to be a good flick. And though I'm always a bit iffy on sequals, I was pleased that even without the first movie, the second was good enough to stand on its own.

And since I'm crowing about the film, let me crow more in the direction of its writer, Meggin Cabot. Meg has more to her claim to fame then just the Princess Diaries. She's written two other charming, laugh out loud funny books that had me completely smitten with its characters as well as green with envy on the clever idea of writing an entire book comprised entirely of emails. And wouldn't you know it, researching the link, I've found a book I've missed! (Penciling in Barnes and Noble for a priority stop today.) And to think this was supposed to be a blog about vacationing on limited funds ...

As for today's plan, it's a toss up. I'm still debating a trip to the zoo or a day of crafts. Either one KC will enjoy, my only concern is whether or not it's going to stay warm enough today to be outside. My friends would be laughing to hear that coming from me, considering I'm the idiot girl who doesn't bother to wear a coat all winter long, despite below zero tempertures. But will, as they like to say, sport a windbreaker in the middle of summer, when its ninety degrees. I guess one can't help having their own little oddities.

We're off to discover!

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs