Good Morning Sunshine

Or no sunshine depending on the weather where you are. And here, well it's looking like it's going to be a damp, cold sort of day with just enough of a breeze to make you shiver and think sweater, jeans and a hoody. A perfect day for fall football weather, sitting on whitewashed wooden bleachers cheering on the home town team, as they play their bitter rivals. All of this while your ass goes numb.

I just woke up ... Maybe about 15 minutes ago now and I'm still trying to clear my head. And to answer my Mom, a good time last night did not include drinking myself into oblivion, in fact with nothing over 3 glasses of wine and plenty of hours in-between those glasses and my position behind the wheel, I was 100% capable of navigating myself home within the boundaries of the law.

And sadly, I've finally reached the age where getting all shitty just to get shitty seems to me like a pretty shitty idea. God I hate all this random growing up.

Last night was a great time however. We laughed, and laughed, and laughed some more until I had to beg everyone to stop making me laugh. It was absolutely crazy. Conversations ranging from Elton John, trying to figure out whether he wrote most of his songs about women, men or something slightly more androgynous to Boogie Nights and real Italian leather ... Furniture and not the shoes darling.

Ach well. Time for a hot shower and a little motivation. Vacation commencing.

No comments:

 
Blogger Template By Designer Blogs